Sunday, August 28, 2011

In Between Rough Edges




Some time in our lives, there would be a dawning moment when we would turn towards heaven, and ask, “Why?” -- maybe not always of anger or unbelief, but could be of marvel and mystery. 

As I write my words, I would never know where would this end.  I woke up this morning thanking God for everything that I have, yet my heart was still heavy for my unborn baby. 

Maybe it was my fault.  Was it?  I would never ever wanted to hurt my baby in any way.  Or maybe things were just the way it should be, but why then?  If my God is able of all things, why could something so delicate and innocent leave without a future?  Why did He breathe on it and then take it back, anyway?

If anyone would firmly stand and undoubtedly reasons with the vagueness of my voice, then maybe he could also know the things written,

“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
On where its footings set,
Or who laid its cornerstone-
While the morning stars sang together
And all the angels shouted for joy?

Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea
Or walked in the recesses of the deep?
Have the gates of death been shown to you?
Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth?
Tell me, if you know all this.” –Job 38: 4-7, 16-18

The definite answer to all our uncertainties may always be indefinite.  But when this time comes - when we look for answers that we know we could only find beneath the wonders of the skies, I am steadfast that the very seams of doubts would know the power of God.  And at the very moment that the human queries escaped from our lips, my hope is that we would swiftly realize our dependence on our God, and how we are at mercy on His throne.

“Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised.” –Job 1: 21

No comments:

Post a Comment